|days or weeks||months or years|
|usually $600 – $3,000||
|keep distress to a minimum||hostility, anxiety, depression, misery|
|A judge tells you what to do.|
Resolve issues quickly.
Keep most of your wealth where
you and your kids can use it.
Less need for therapy;
A better plan for your family.
You can participate in mediation before or after anyone files anything in court and so initiates litigation. Between the date of filing and the date of your first or second court hearing, you may resolve all or most issues through mediation. In most cases it is best to get some advice from an attorney even if you expect to resolve everything through mediation.
Contact Dr. Colin at mediatorQ@gmail.com or 703 864 2101.
This site is for informational purposes only. Nothing here should be construed as legal advice.
Recent Blog Posts
- Independence Day July 2, 2014
- Sometimes You Do Not Need a Lawyer In Family Court June 19, 2014
- Family Mediation FAQs June 5, 2014
- Lessons Learned in Family Mediation May 28, 2014
- Our Mission in Colin Family Mediation Group May 18, 2014
- Mailing List 1,467 views
- Too Poor to Get Divorced? Unlikely. 1,178 views
- Making Elder Care Decisions 1,133 views
- Family Mediation Makes Creative, Detailed Solutions Possible 1,129 views
- Stories from Family Mediation 1,124 views
- About Us 1,115 views
- Managing Anger Triggered by Divorce 983 views
- Spousal Support in Virginia 965 views
- Separation and Reconciliation Agreements 950 views
- Recommendations for Divorce Reform 879 views