In a confidential setting, a professional family mediator can help each party to communicate what is important to him or her and to hear what is important to the other party. One of us can help you
- identify the issues that need to be resolved,
- focus on one issue at a time,
- discuss the possible solutions,
- come to agreement about parenting plans, financial, and/or other issues,
- prepare a draft of your emerging agreement, and
- review, revise, and possibly finalize the agreement. We do recommend that each of the parties have an attorney review the agreement before they commit themselves to it.
Compared to litigation, divorce mediation helps you avoid a huge amount of emotional distress, save thousands of dollars and lots of time, and stay in control of decisions about the terms of your divorce.
For a free consultation about whether family mediation would be helpful for your family, contact Dr. Virginia Colin at mediatorQ@gmail.com or 703.864.2101.
This site is for informational purposes only. Nothing here should be construed as legal advice.