Fees for Family Mediation Services
There is no charge for a phone consultation (20 to 30 minutes) about whether family mediation would be helpful for you and the other person or people involved in decision-making.
Hourly Rate for working with one mediator
Our standard rate is $250 per hour, with sessions usually lasting 2 hours. For many couples two or three 2-hour sessions (plus homework) are enough. Mediation services include time in meetings, time writing drafts of Agreements, and non-trivial amounts of time used in phone and email discussions. Well-prepared couples with no minor children sometimes need only one face-to-face meeting and a little follow-up by email and phone.
Dr. Colin’s rate is $350 per hour.
Hourly Rate for working with two co-mediators
Our standard rate is $350 per hour, with sessions usually lasting 2 hours. You may choose a team of one male and one female mediator, or two males, or two females.
Flat Fee For Up To Ten Hours
Our flat fee for up to 10 hours working with one mediator is $2,000. This usually turns out to be about 6 hours of face-to-face mediation and about 4 hours of time writing your agreement and checking details by email and phone — a $2,500 value for only $2,000. The flat fee must be paid in full at the end of the first meeting to qualify for this rate.
If you complete your agreement and use less time than 10 hours, we refund the difference between $2,000 and what you would have paid at our normal hourly rate. For example, if you paid $2,000 in advance and then needed only 4 hours of meeting time and 2 hours of writing time (6 hours total at $250/hour = $1,500), then we would refund $500 ($2,000 paid in advance minus $1,500 for 6 hours = $500). If you used 8 hours or more for mediation, there would be no refund, because the normal fee for 8 hours is $2,000.
The flat fee plan is not available if you select Dr. Colin as your mediator.
Which Rate Is Best for You?
You can make that decision at the end of your first session.
Our group includes mediators who are willing to accept lower fees from clients with low incomes.
Call now if conflicts or changes in your family might make working with a family mediator a good idea. Call 703.864.2101 for a free consultation, or contact Dr. Virginia Colin at mediatorQ@gmail.com.
Recent Blog Posts
- Long distance co-parenting January 5, 2018
- How to Help Your Kids Manage the Divorce Transition November 30, 2017
- Topics in Parenting Plans November 25, 2017
- Budget List September 5, 2017
- Financial Planning for the Future of Your Special Needs Child April 12, 2017
- About Us 3,681 views
- Too Poor to Get Divorced? Unlikely. 1,768 views
- Fees for Services 1,688 views
- Services 1,585 views
- Separation and Reconciliation Agreements 1,583 views
- Spousal Support in Virginia 1,456 views
- Stories from Family Mediation 1,436 views
- Divorce and Co-Parenting Support Groups in Northern Virginia 1,435 views
- Family Mediation Makes Creative, Detailed Solutions Possible 1,332 views
- Managing Anger Triggered by Divorce 1,323 views