Family Mediation Services
We help people talk about the things that are really hard to talk about and figure out the best way to move forward. We meet with clients in a variety of locations in northern Virginia: Alexandria, Fairfax, Springfield, McLean, Reston, and elsewhere. We are available weekdays, evenings, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Family Mediation (other issues)
Child Support Agreements
Property Settlement Agreements
Sometimes one spouse is determined to separate and eventually divorce but the other party is not ready to give up on the relationship or not ready to discuss parenting plans, support, and other issues. In such cases, one of the mediators in our group can work with one party to figure out the best way to move forward. We cannot give legal advice, but we can help you learn about the emotional aspects of separation and divorce, learn what the laws say about what your options are, and develop a plan for negotiating with your spouse in a way that is likely to help you get matters resolved.
This site is for informational purposes only. Nothing here should be construed as legal advice.
For a free consultation about whether family mediation would be helpful for your family, contact Dr. Virginia Colin at mediatorQ@gmail.com or 703.864.2101.
Recent Blog Posts
- Financial Planning for the Future of Your Special Needs Child April 12, 2017
- When Mediation Is Not Enough – Part II March 20, 2017
- When Mediation Is Not Enough – Part I March 20, 2017
- Coming Out: It’s a Journey December 6, 2016
- Tense Family Holiday Gatherings November 18, 2016
- About Us 3,268 views
- Too Poor to Get Divorced? Unlikely. 1,606 views
- Separation and Reconciliation Agreements 1,481 views
- Services 1,453 views
- Fees for Services 1,448 views
- Spousal Support in Virginia 1,395 views
- Stories from Family Mediation 1,371 views
- Family Mediation Makes Creative, Detailed Solutions Possible 1,299 views
- Managing Anger Triggered by Divorce 1,278 views
- Making Elder Care Decisions 1,270 views